Career at Rudraksh
Merchant Navy - A Career On Seas!
Merchant Navy is the backbone of international trade, carrying cargo across the globe. Merchant ships employ a large number of workers to carry and deliver goods from one country to another. Without the merchant navy, much of the import-export business would grind to a halt. Merchant Navy is a non-combatant commercial fleet. Around 90% of world trade is carried by the international shipping industry. There are over 50,000 merchant ships trading internationally, transporting every kind of cargo. The Merchant Navy is operated by both public & private sector shipping companies. The merchant ships are maintained by experienced navigators crews and marine engineers. As the job involves travelling for a considerably longer duration, the life of those who work in the Merchant Navy is distinctly different from usual.
A career in the maritime industry gives you an opportunity to travel around the world. The opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and develop practical and technical skills will make life enjoyable and exciting. If you have an adventurous mind and like to travel and explore, then the merchant navy could be the perfect career option for you. It is a highly satisfying and challenging career with excellent salary structures.
As a youngster, if you are dreaming to start your journey in the Merchant Navy, here are a few more reasons to consider →
- It makes you responsible at an early age
- Enhances Professionalism
- Extended Vacations
- Lucrative Pay-Packages
- Tax Benefits
- Multiple Destinations
- Opportunity to interact with different people and cultures from different countries
- Fast Growth
- There is job security with a choice of working period
- Accommodation facility on the ship
- Opportunity to see the world
This industry deals with transporting a huge amount of goods, and occasionally, passengers by sea. The major tasks are performed in three basic areas of a ship – The Deck Department, The Engine Department and The Catering Department.
- Deck/Navigation Department: The main function of the deck department is proper to watch standing and the maintenance of the ship’s hull and accommodations as well as the ship’s safety appliances.
- Engine Department: The purpose of this department is to ensure the smooth functioning of the technical part of the ship.
- Catering Department: This is the department that performs living and catering services for the crew.